Tuesday, May 18, 2010

friendships

Aren't friendships wonderful! ....and often found in the most unlikely places...

I attended a week-long 'baking bootcamp' at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY two years ago.  (Here is the link to my pictures.)  During the class, we were aided by student assistants.  They were wonderful, and they worked very hard to keep 14+ students on task.  I have maintained contact with Katerina (one of the student assistants) via the wonderful world of the internet.  She has since graduated from CIA, and is working in a bakery in Washington state.  I'll be traveling there this summer, and will have the opportunity to visit with Katerina, and sample something(s) from the bakery.

I follow the bakery's blog where Katerina is currently employed.
My blog was mentioned in a blog post from Bakery Nouveau in Seattle, Washington.  Here's the link:

Here's the link to the bakery's web site.

Such simple things can make us smile....

No comments:

Post a Comment